Anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones similar to the male sex hormone testosterone, which is used by bodybuilders and athletes to improve their own physique.
Have you heard about magical pills which makes your physique attractive? In bodybuilding and gym, Anabolic steroids are a common drug that is used by many to improve their body look.
There are various uses of these Anabolic steroids and have some benefits as well as serious side effects.
In this article, we are going to tell about the benefits and side effects of Anabolic steroids.
First of all, let me provide you with a brief introduction to Anabolic steroids.
What is Anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids are synthetic variations of the male sex hormone testosterone. The proper name of Anabolic steroids is Anabolic-androgenic steroids, in which Anabolic means muscle building and androgenic means increasing men’s sex characteristics. Overall we can say that steroids that are used to increase muscle mass and manly behaviour are Anabolic steroids.
Uses of Anabolic steroids
As we already told you that, Anabolic steroids are used to improve body physique.
Anabolic steroids are used to increase the level of testosterone than normal levels. Anabolic steroids are used to gain muscle strength, that’s why it is also called a Performance-enhancing drug.
Benefits of Anabolic steroids
Some of Anabolic steroids benefits are :
- Increasing body mass increases protein production in the body.
- Anabolic steroids increase the production of red blood cells, ( Those use Anabolic steroids on regular basis, body colour turns into red )
- Anabolic steroids improve strength-related performance such as weightlifting.
- Anabolic steroids maintain the mass of your body and muscle even if a person got some serious disease like liver disease and cancer.
- Anabolic steroids lower the body fat percentage and increase muscle strength with endurance.
Side Effects of Anabolic steroids
If you are getting higher results without working hard, that means there is something fishy. Well, Anabolic steroids have many side effects along with their benefits. Let’s talk about that too.
Here are some common side effects of Anabolic steroids :
– Anabolic asteroid damages your liver if you take it on regular basis or without proper guidance by a nutritionist.
– Anabolic steroid makes you act more aggressive and impulsive as it enhances your testosterone.
– Anabolic steroids make you feel bad about your body if you discontinue them.
– Anabolic steroids may be addictive and it reduces the normal production of testosterone as your body get extra from an outer source.
– Anabolic steroids cause fat tissue to grow in your breast area usually after discontinuation as it affects hormonal balance in your body.
– Anabolic steroids increase the risk of getting heart disease like a heart attack.
– Anabolic steroids can affect your hair growth and can make you bald.
Types of Anabolic steroids
Based on intake method, there are mainly three types of Anabolic steroids
- Oral use Anabolic steroids, which is consumed directly through the mouth
- By injection, which is injected in liquid form in your body.
- Under the skin or through the skin in form of gel or cream.
There are around 32 types of Anabolic steroids that are sold commercially, Some have only medicinal use and some are used only as performance-enhancing drugs.
As we have seen that, there are several side effects of Anabolic steroids, then it will be an injustice if we don’t talk about the alternates of Anabolic steroids.
How to get rid of Anabolic steroid addiction?
There are several safe and natural ways to enhance strength and performance. Some of them are :
– Eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of protein and fibre-rich food. Consume natural protein like pulses that will improve your body.
– Regular exercise under the guidance of a trainer who can help you get a better muscular body by gymming.
FAQs regarding Anabolic steroids:
Here are some of the most searched questions with their respective answers regarding Anabolic steroids:
1) What are some examples of anabolic steroids?
– Oxandrin, equipoise, Winstrol, Anadrol, deca-Durabolin, and Dianabol are some of the common examples of Anabolic steroids.
2) Are anabolic steroids illegal?
– As Anabolic steroids come under class C drugs, that means they can only be sold by the pharmacist with a valid prescription.
A person can buy Anabolic steroids for personal use and it is legal but export, import and processing of steroids is illegal.
3) How long does it take for steroids to kick in?
– According to some research and experiments, Usually, Anabolic steroids takes 3-5 days to show their effects on the body.
4) What are 5 common signs that show side effects of anabolic steroids?
– Signs that show side effects of steroids are :
1. Headache and Vomiting
2. Extreme weight gain
3. Nausea and Sleeping difficulty
4. Thinning of skin and acne
5) What are the physical side effects of steroids?
– physical side effects of anabolic steroids are :
1. Liver and kidney damage
2. High blood pressure and increased cholesterol
3. Nosebleeds and headache
4. Decreasing of joint flexibility
6) Do anabolic steroids shorten your life?
– A simple straightforward answer is no, but the side effects of Anabolic steroids can hurt you for life the problem remains within you rest of your life.
7) What do anabolic steroids do to muscles?
– Anabolic steroids stimulate muscle tissue to grow and bulk up. Generally, testosterone does the same work naturally with a regular and steady speed but anabolic steroids enhance the speed ie. 100 times faster.
8) Does steroids weaken your immune system?
– When Anabolic steroids are taken in a higher amount than what your body produces naturally, then it shows its positive effects instantly like reducing the swelling and redness of the body but it reduces the body’s natural defence system, its immunity.
Watch this Video
Now we hope that You know something more about Anabolic steroids and their side effects. We also understand that when a person knows something, then he gets a different kind of happiness that you are getting by knowing about Anabolic steroids.
If you find this article knowledgeable and helpful, Kindly share it with friends and family.