Mountain Bike is also known as MTB as these mountain bikes are designed for off-road cycling.
Mountain Bikes are similar to other geared bikes but a mountain bike feature is designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain which makes the bikes much heavier, more complex and less efficient on smooth surfaces.
Mountain Bikes are good for long-distance travel. They are strong and reliable.
It may take more effort to pedal as compared to a road bike or an urban bike. These Bikes are much more comfortable than other Bikes because these Bikes have their uniqueness: wider wheels, handlebars, and upright comfortable seat makes a ride more comfortable and amazing.
MTB bikes can be used on roads but they are slightly slower as they are not made for smooth roads and are extremely laggy.
Types Of Mountain Bikes
There are seven types of MTB Bikes:-
1. HARDTAIL BIKE:-
Hardtail bikes don’t have a rear shock and come with either suspension or rigid fork.
2. FULL SUSPENSION BIKES:-
Full suspension bikes have both front and rear suspension.
3. DOWNHILL MOUNTAIN BIKE:-
Also known as specialized bikes DH bikes are ideal for riding on the steepest courses and terrain. These bikes have a sturdy frame which makes them heavier.
4. DIRT JUMP:-
As the name suggests dirt jump these bikes are bigger and help you to perform all types of airborne particles. These types of bikes are ideal for freestyle terrain and jumping.
5. TRAIL BIKES:-
These types of mountain bikes are perfect for mountain riding. It offers reliable security and stiffness. Also, trial bikes have full suspension that provides additional control and comfort.
6. CROSS COUNTRY:-
This is fondly known as XC Bikes, Cross-country bikes are functional and allow you to pedal comfortably. It is lightweight and offers the best comfort and control. These types of bikes are perfect for racing events or people.
7. ENDURO / ALL MOUNTAINS:-
Enduro / all mountain bikes have front and rear suspension which allows the person to ride on even rigid terrain. It has all the features that let you ride on the uphill bike location.
Top MTB Bikes
There are different types of MTB Bikes available on official websites and stores but choosing the right one can get confusing as these bikes have different styles, designs, characteristics and even advantages. To make an easy selection of MTB Bikes these are the top MTB Bikes:-
1. CHARGER 29 D:-
This bike suspension is so smooth, that you can ride through hell holes as this bike is designed for heavy and terrifying routes and with this bike you can enjoy your terrifying route.
2. NUKE 27 D:-
It is designed with 27-speed gears, so you can hit the streets or the mountain trails easily.
3. MOUNTAIN 29D:-
Mountain 29 D with this bike and its amazing suspension and agility you can sprint down all the dirt of the road or ride easily and comfortably.
4. STARVARO 28D:-
This bike is made up for mountain trails as this bike has 18-speed gears that will make your trail ride more easily and more comfortable.
What Should You Look Before Buying Mountain Bikes?
Mountain bikes nowadays have become fashionable for many young ones. An MTB tests your limit speed, endurance, and riding ability or just head out of the adventure wherever you like. To make sure you purchase the right MTB bike for your adventure you must keep these points in mind:-
1. Wide tires that can dig into the dirt.
2. Disc brakes for powerful and reliable braking in all conditions.
3. Frame geometry for safety
4. Increased traction and comfort that is provided for suspension.
5. Designed to take on the rough terrain that allows riders to explore.
Features Of Mountain Bikes
TYPES OF SUSPENSION
Suspension of the bike determines the type of surface for which the bike is suitable for riding. suspension forks support trail riding as the wheel can move in different directions and they stay connected with the ground even in all stances.
SIZE OF THE WHEEL
Another thing that you should keep in mind while buying a mountain bike is the size of the wheel. The size of the wheel tells how effortlessly the bike will roll over rough surfaces.
The frame material of the mountain bikes determines the strength, weight, and durability of the bulk. These bikes are available in four types of frame aluminum, carbon fiber, titanium, and steel but aluminum is used widely.
GEARS OF THE MOUNTAIN BIKE
Gears play a very crucial role in mountain bikes as the gear range of a mountain bike is 22 to 30 which allows it to ride on different terrains.
Mountain bikes have two types of brakes. Some of them have disk brakes and some of them have rim brakes. The Disc brake comes along with the brake pads; this could be either cable activated brake. On the other hand rim brakes are available with pads that hold the wheels.
Always look at the pedals that are easy to ride which give comfortable riding. Advanced riders can go up for clipped pedals which are more secure. However, if you want it for stunts you can prefer flatter pedals.
Your budget plays a very important role as mountain bikes are available between 6000 to 2000 you can choose accordingly.
BRAND OF THE MOUNTAIN
Before purchasing a mountain bike keep the brand in your mind. Also, ensure the warranty of mountain bikes.
Best Mountain Bikes In India
1. Sturdy bike fat mountain bike with 26×4 inch tires
2. Hercules MTB Turbo drive Rocky 3.0 26 T bicycle
3. Hero Forester 26 T 6-speed bicycle
4. Urban Terrain UT 1000 mountain bikes
5. Love freedom Jaguar fat bicycle
6. Cosmic Trium 27.5 T mountain cycle
7. Montra Helicon Disc bicycle
8. Endless 27.5T 21-speed mountain bike
Here Are Ten Reasons to Buy a Mountain Bike 2023
Mountain bikes also focus on our Physical health and they keep our body fit and even it plays a very important role in our mental health.
Mountain bikes also make you more flexible and more comfortable as you can enjoy your freedom and even these bikes are very good for your health. Even if there is no need for other exercise with this one single mountain bike you can burn tons of calories and even sharpen your body.
Mountain bikes are one of the most popular bikes as they are very good for off-roading and even these mountain bikes have been developed with high Technology even though these bike tires are very wide as compared to other bicycles. So here I will tell you 10 reasons why you should buy these mountain bikes.
- These mountain bikes are good for Stony areas as you can ride these mountain bikes on Sony mountain trails.
- These mountain bikes are super easy to use and even they are fast as compared to other bicycles.
- The real blockbuster of this mountain bike is its wide tires that give us great popularity among all Die Hard bikers.
- Even if there is no need for particular exercise as with mountain bike riding you can also lose your weight and even calories.
- One of the best parts about this mountain bike is you can ride a bike in the mountains, forest and even in the desert.
- The rider can also go up the hill while riding a mountain bike and you can also do hours of cycling so that it will give you more excitement and you will also enjoy your journey.
- Riding these mountain bikes adds lots of fun and even action as with these bikes you can explore nature and even you can see new things around us.
- Mountain biking gives you a perfect workout as it helps the user to lose excess pounds and also increases their fitness. These bikes help in fat burning and help in the perfect shape of the body.
- This mountain bike is worthwhile as it has disc brakes, 24-speed gears, and carbon frames that are best for an off-road bike and even the wire bike with tires makes this bike simple.
- These mountain bikes also have some advantages as you can also arrange a date with your friends and you can also ride this mountain bike alone through the Terrain.
Mountain bikes are very light and compact as they are very easy to handle and one of the most important things about this mountain bike is that they can be attached to a car in just a few steps.
With the help of these mountain bikes, you can easily impress others and even these bikes have 26-inch tires with a flat tread as it has lots of technology on the handlebars.
Mountain bikes also have some extra wide tires that make this bike look more beautiful and elegant as compared to other bikes and even the features and technology that have been used on mountain bikes make this bike quite different from other bikes.
Mountain bikes are designed for kids above 11 years old. It has additional benefits as compared to regular bikes. Though these bikes may be expensive, these bikes are worth the investment as their design and style is very different.