Skin cancer is spreading very fast in the world and along with this problem is being found in many people in India as well for the last few years.
Before talking about this topic, let us know a little about cancer.
Generally, cancer is seen as a disease, but it is a group of many diseases, which occur in a particular part of the body such as lungs, liver, pancreas, etc., which are treated by cancer surgery. can be done in a better way.
Skin cancer or skin cancer is also such cancer, which mainly occurs due to prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Since, most of the people are not fully aware of it, that is why they are not able to get rid of it.
So let’s try to know more about this problem through this article, so that people can increase their awareness about it and they can be careful about it.
What is skin cancer?
Skin cancer refers to a condition in which skin cells develop abnormally.
Generally, it is believed that this problem can mainly occur on those parts of the body. which are directly exposed to sunlight but it has also been seen that this disease can also occur in that part of the body, Which is less exposed to sunlight.
How many types of skin cancer are there?
There are different types of skin cancer in different people, on this basis it is mainly of 4 types, which are as follows-
Actinic keratosis- This is the most common and early type of skin cancer. In this, red and pink spots occur on the skin and the person suffering from it does not have any kind of problem with them.
Actinic keratosis mainly occurs in people who have white skin and with them who are over 40 years of age.
Basal cell carcinoma- This is the most popular type of this cancer, which is seen in about 90 percent of the people.
Basal cell carcinoma has a slow onset, but it can develop over time.
Squamous Cell Carcinoma- This cancer arises on the outer layer of the skin and can be more deadly than Base Cell Carcinoma (BCC).
In the case of squamous cell carcinoma, there may be red patches on the skin and they may also be painful.
Melanoma- This is the deadliest form of skin cancer. Although this problem is seen in very few people, but it causes the death of most of the people.
It is better to treat Melanoma in time, otherwise surgery is the only option left for it.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer?
Like any other disease, skin cancer also has some symptoms, which indicate the onset of this disease.
If a person sees the following symptoms, then he should be alert-
- Itching- This is the most common symptom of this cancer, in which the person has a lot of itching.
Usually, people think of it as a common problem and hence they have to face trouble.
- Red spots – If a person has red spots on his skin, then he should not ignore it and should immediately inform his doctor.
- Appearance of scabs on the skin- Often, scabs start to accumulate on the skin.
For this reason, if this problem occurs, the person should get it checked.
- Ulcers – Sometimes there is a problem of ulcers due to skin cancer.
Therefore, if any person suddenly gets an ulcer, he should get it checked immediately.
- Warts – Another symptom of skin cancer is the presence of warts on the skin.
For this reason, if a person suddenly develops warts on his body, then he should inform his doctor so that it can be treated in time and the chances of getting skin cancer can be reduced.
What are the causes of skin cancer?
This cancer can occur due to many reasons, among which the main 4 reasons are as follows-
- Exposure to sunlight- Skin cancer is more likely to occur mainly in people who spend more time in the sun. Since the sun’s rays contain ultraviolet rays, they cause side effects on the skin and cause damage to the skin. The chances of cancer also increase.
- Having a family history- Sometimes this cancer can also happen to a person whose other person in the family has skin cancer.
For this reason, such a person should get his health checked so that it can be confirmed whether he can have this problem or not.
- Side effects of radiotherapy- Skin cancer can also occur in the case when radiotherapy done by a person is unsuccessful.
In such a situation, after radiotherapy, the person should take all the precautions so that he does not face any kind of risks.
- Large amount of warts in the body- If a person has more amount of warts in the body, then he is more likely to get this cancer.
Therefore, such a person should try to eliminate the warts so that he does not face any kind of problem.
How can skin cancer be treated?
This question is very important for the person who is suffering from this skin cancer. Such a person needs the right guidance so that he can get rid of this problem.
If a person wants to get treatment for skin cancer, then he can adopt the following methods for this-
- Adopting home remedies- This cancer can also be treated by many home remedies.
For this, methods can be adopted by applying a paste of vinegar, coconut oil and baking soda, eating food rich in vitamin T and iodine, etc.
- Applying non-cancer cream- Some doctors recommend applying non-cancer cream for the treatment of skin cancer.
In this this cream can prove beneficial.
- Chemotherapy – The treatment of this cancer is also possible through chemotherapy.
Cancer tissue is destroyed by this surgery.
- Biopsy- Sometimes skin cancer biopsy is also done by surgery.
Through biopsy surgery, it is ascertained to what extent this cancer has progressed.
- Excisional surgery- Excisional surgery can also prove useful in the treatment of skin cancer.
Through this surgery, the cancerous part of the skin is cut out and a healthy part of the skin is replaced in its place.
- Mohs surgery- This surgery is also another method of treatment of skin cancer.
With Mohs surgery, the skin levels are removed one by one and each operation is performed under the supervision of a microscope.
How much does skin cancer treatment cost?
When it comes to skin cancer treatment, Delhi-NCR is the best place for it. Being the capital of India, it has the best hospitals/clinics for the same.
In these, any person can get his treatment easily because for this he needs to spend only 10 thousand to 2.5 lakh rupees.
What are the risks of skin cancer?
Since, people have a lot of fear about cancer, that is why they are not able to get it treated. Doing this can prove to be harmful for any person and as a result he may also have to go through some serious problems.
If skin cancer is not treated at the right time, then this disease can take a fatal form, and it can have the following 5 risks-
- Recurrence of skin cancer- If this cancer is not treated in time then it can recur and in that case it can be treated only through surgery.
That is why it is better to get its treatment done in time.
- Spread of this cancer to other parts of the body- Many times it has also been seen that skin cancer spreads to other parts of the body after some time.
In such a situation, the person needs medical help.
- Hair loss from the site of surgery- Often, after surgery, a person loses hair from the part of the body where the surgery was performed.
However, a hair transplant can prove to be a useful solution in this situation.
- Malfunction of the salivary gland- Since this cancer can also occur around the neck, due to this it can also have a bad effect on the salivary gland and it can get worse.
- Death – If this cancer remains incurable, then it can also cause death of the person.
Therefore, it is wise to treat it at the right time and in the best way.
How can skin cancer be prevented?
Probably this cancer is being seen in most of the people and they also have to face a lot of problems due to it, but despite this there are some ways by which it can be prevented.
If a person wants to prevent the chances of skin cancer, then he can adopt some important methods, some of which are as follows-
- Avoid going in the sun during the day- As it has been clarified above that the sun’s ray is harmful for the skin.
For this reason, no person should be exposed to sunlight during the day because the sun is more during that time and its direct effect falls on the skin.
- Using Sun Cream- It is better to use sunscreen while going out of the house so that there is no harm on the skin.
Sun cream is helpful in reducing the wrath of the sun, which does not have any side effects on the skin.
- Dressing well- If a person needs to go home during the day, he should wear such clothes which can protect him from the sun.
By doing this, he can avoid skin related diseases and along with this his skin color also remains fine.
- Wearing sunglasses- Using sunglasses can prove beneficial for any person.
By wearing these goggles, he can not only protect his eyes but also can reduce the chances of any kind of dangers in his skin.
- Applying lip balm- This cancer mainly occurs in the upper parts of the body like lips.
That is why a person should take special care of them and use lip balm while going out of the house.
- Getting a skin test- The most important and most important way to avoid skin cancer is to get your skin checked from time to time. By doing this, a person can be aware about whether he is going to get skin cancer and if he has If it is known that he may have this disease, then in that case he can start treatment in time.
Pictures of Skin Cancer
As we all know that whenever we go out of the house, at that time some major parts of our body like eyes, nose, lips etc. come exposed to sunlight.
For this reason, skin cancer mainly occurs in these organs and people need medical help to treat them.
Despite this it is unfortunate that most of the people do not have much knowledge about skin cancer so they are not able to get rid of it. Thus we hope you have found this article useful to read because we have covered the essential information about skin cancer in it.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin