As there are many types of arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most painful arthritis among them.
Before we go further, first of all Do you know what is Rheumatoid arthritis !
Well, It is a chronic progressive disease which cause inflammation in joints that further results in painful deformity and immobility. The fingers, wrists, feet and ankles are most affected parts of body which further stops working as usual.
Rheumatoid arthritis is also Known as RA in Short term.
In Rheumatoid arthritis, the immune system of body attacks its own tissue, including joints. The tissue damage cause long lasting (chronic) pain and also creates lack of balance in body.
In very severe case, it also attacks internal organs like lungs, heart and eyes.
Is Rheumatoid arthritis Curable ??
This is a common disease, especially in older age people. Treatment can help in pain relief, but this disease is not curable. Chronic Rheumatoid arthritis can last for years or be lifelong.
Signs and Symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis
In Rheumatoid arthritis, By time, Symptoms get worse. Here are some common signs which indicates the disease:
- Rapid Weight loss
- Pain/Aching in more than one joint
- Fever and Tiredness feeling
- Stiffness in joints
- Weakness in body
- Pain in both knees and both elbow
Main Cause of Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is considered as an autoimmune condition of body, that means it is caused by the immune system attacking healthy body tissue.
However, it is not yet known which things trigger this. As our immune system always makes antibodies which helps us in fighting infectious diseases by attacking bacteria and viruses.
The specific 5 cause of rheumatoid arthritis is still unknown but here are some factors which can increase the risk of disease:
1. Old Age: Although rheumatoid arthritis can begin at any age but the likelihood of this disease increases with age. The high chance of this disease are in adults in their Sixties.
2. Genetic: When we talk about Genetic disease, that mean inherited trait. If a family have a regular history of rheumatoid arthritis, then there is more chance of having the disease in other family members.
3. Obesity: Being obese can also increase the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis. Several studies shows that that the overweight person has high risk of having arthritis in comparison to healthy and slim person.
4. History of Live births: Females who have never given birth to child, have greater risk of having rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Smoking: Several studies has shown that Smoking can make the rheumatoid arthritis worse.
Diagnosis of Rheumatoid arthritis
This disease is diagnosed by reviewing the symptoms and by physical examination. Further diagnosis is done by X-ray filming and lab test .
If Rheumatoid arthritis is diagnosed in Early stage, A proper treatment can inhibit the disease condition.
Regular checkups and effective medication can suppress the disease and reduce the damaging effect of Rheumatoid arthritis.
Treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis can be treated properly with effective medications and some self management strategy.
Treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis generally includes medicines which slows down the development of disease and prevent joint deformity.
The drugs which are used in Rheumatoid arthritis are called DMARDs (Disease Modifying antirheumatic drugs) and BRM (Biological Response Modifiers).
Arthritis Management Strategies
Person suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis can relief their pain by applying Arthritis Management Strategies on themselves. Here are some simple and easy Arthritis Management Strategies :
- Protect your Joints from Injuries. Avoiding more physical work that may cause injuries reduce the risk of worsening rheumatoid arthritis.
- See your Doctor as early diagnosis can reduce the risk and always visit professionals.
- Regular weighing , As it is clearly mentioned that weight loss is a risk factor , so Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the risks of rheumatoid arthritis.
Complications caused by Rheumatoid arthritis
As it is non-curable disease that can cause disability , Pain and sometimes premature death. Here are some other complications which comes along rheumatoid arthritis.
Heart disease: Person suffering from rheumatoid arthritis have higher risk of getting heart related problems. Patients are adviced to stop smoking and drinking.
How is rheumatoid arthritis different from normal arthritis?
Normal arthritis occurs when the smooth cartilage joints surface wears out, it generally starts in isolated joints and are less painful but rheumatoid arthritis is autoimmune disease which cause more pain in respect to other type of arthritis .
FAQs regarding Rheumatoid arthritis
To satisfy the curiosity, Here are some frequently asked questions with their respective answers. Hope You all doubts related to this disease got cleared in this FAQ segment.
1) What are the worst symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis?
– As all the symptoms of this disease are really painful, but the swelling of joints is a worse condition of Rheumatoid arthritis.
The swelling of joints is considered an important measure that indicates the disease severity.
2) Which foods you should avoid in case of Rheumatoid arthritis?
– In this disease, some specific food items are avoided to reduce the worsening of arthritis. They are – fried or grilled meats, Fatty foods which contains omega acid, gluten, sugar and sugar products, salt and alcohol.
3) What is the life expectancy of a person suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis?
– In general, Life expectancy is reduced by 15-20 years in the case of Rheumatoid arthritis. However, there are some cases in which a person having Rheumatoid arthritis lived more than 90 years.
4) What does Rheumatoid arthritis fatigue feel like?
– A person suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis explain their fatigue as deep tiredness or slowing down.
5) Can you live a normal life with Rheumatoid arthritis?
– Of course, you can normal life with Rheumatoid arthritis, As per studies, 80% Person suffering from this disease are living a normal life with proper medications.
We hope that you have got the information for which you are present here. More and more information about any disease can save you from the upcoming problems. Keep the surroundings clean. Stay happy and stay healthy and build a healthy society.
Thanks and if you find this article informative and helpful, kindly share this with friends and family.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin